RN INPT Emergency Department
University of New Mexico-Hospitals
Emergency Department Registered Nurse Job in Los Lunas, NM
Full Time (30 - 40 hours per week)
Sign on Bonus up to $15,000 for External Candidates, DOE. Relocation reimbursement for out of state candidates.
The Clinical Advancement Program (CAP) is additional pay to recognize Nursing Education and National Certifications and can add up to $8.00 in addition to base pay.
Work within the nursing process to provide direct nursing care to assigned patients. Provide clinical leadership for other staff and assume relief charge duties when designated. Serve as a role model to promote a positive work environment and quality patient care. Ensure adherence to Hospitals and departmental policies and procedures. Patient care assignment may include Neonate, Pediatric, Adolescent, Adult and Geriatric age groups.
* PATIENT CARE - Deliver safe direct care to an assigned group of patients as required
* POLICIES - Work within Hospitals, Nursing division and departmental policies
* CARE PLAN - Work in collaboration with the healthcare team, implement and document individualized care plans incorporating age specific considerations, including discharge planning and patient/family teaching
* TESTS AND PROCEDURES - Assist with special tests and procedures, ensure proper consent has been obtained
* PARTICIPATION - Participate in orientation; upon successful completion of preceptor training assume precepting and evaluation responsibilities of new personnel
* EMERGENCY MEASURES - Assist with or institute emergency measures for sudden, adverse developments in patients
* MEDICAL RECORDS - Ensure that patient medical records contain necessary information
* INQUIRIES - Answer telephones and triage calls as per departmental policy
* MEDICATION - Administer medication, including IV medication, via the Seven R